Now I made 30 x 40 cm monoprint as backgrounds for my linocuts of two dragonflies and a butterfly. I used water soluble oils and spread them on a piece of plastic. Before printin the base I covered the places for linocuts with pieces of plastic. The backgrounds became surprisingly different, even though the aim was relatively similar simple sky and field scene. I added colour before every print but let also the old colour come through. I liked most the rather pale backgrounds, in the darker base the linocuts seemed to disappear. Before printing the linocuts I coloured the wings of the dragonflies and butterfly with some coloured ink.